Monday, June 6, 2011

Reading will always be a joy...

so...I've been slackin' on my pimpin', this I know. I'm still deeply entrenched in "The Undomestic Goddess" though I was supposed to be finished with that ages ago. I have found that I am taking it much slower than the first time around. It was funny, my little sister asked me if I'd read the book already because the binding is worn and the bottom corners of the front and back covers are slightly bent...so of course I told her, yes I've read it, and she quickly retorted..."why are you reading it again?" She was baffled, befuddled, borderline aghast at the notion that I would voluntarily re-read a book. I didn't really explain it to her at the time b/c she was being a bit of a nuisance...and as I said, I was in the process of reading...but if I had taken the time to speak with her, I would've told her that I was reading it again because 1) it was such a joy the first time...2) because I feel like every time I read a book I see it through a different lens. It could vary depending upon whatever my situation is when I'm reading it. I could be deeply in love, or lust or like...I could be in deep longing...pining away for my Mr...or in this case, my 'Nathaniel'...I could be on the man-hater side, so I could read into other areas within the text...there's so much...and 3) because it keeps my brain spry...I'm all about brain health.

I don't think I've ever thought about really how much I would love to be able to read all the time. It's great finding a good read and be so completely engrossed in it that it feels like a movie that you have the privilege of being in (in that weird invisible omniscient, omnipresent way)...I some times even love those worlds much more than the one I live in. I love my life - true story - but it's something about knowing...essentially...how things are going to go...or really just being able to see how the story is going to end that is incredibly appealing...and since I'm living my life...the star of my own sitcom/drama/documentary...I have to wait it out to see what my tragic flaw is...see how I will resolve my quandaries...sit through the waiting and the pining for a companion and seriously live on faith that that person that I dream of really will manifest...hope that being the underdog (which ultimately is how I see myself) really will triumph...this is me hoping that Cinderella, the Ugly Duckling, Jemima J, that girl you didn't know existed but you saw on facebook that she got married to this fantastically amazing looking guy that even you might have had a crush on and you're like wtfrick?!?...I want that to be me...I want to be able to say later on down the road that my fairy tale came true...

In the meantime, I suppose it is back to the life and times of Samantha Sweeting....

La Linda Lector

No comments:

Post a Comment