Thursday, July 21, 2011

Love, or Something Like It

So...I've been reading this new book...and I've been reading if for like 3 renewals worth of time...so that's definitely like at least 6 weeks...so I suppose that doesn't speak terribly highly of this book.

Really...I can't say it does or it doesn't...I haven't really gotten excited by the text...but I haven't gotten supremely turned off by it. So, it's a bit slow to develop...I haven't really figured out the purpose of the book...I'm about a third of the way through the book and the "problem" hasn't even become slightly apparent yet. This book is reminding me of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"...where it wasn't necessarily a bad movie...I wouldn't have called it a stellar/must-see...it just was...and at some point, when I thought it should've been clear, I had to ask myself and the other person who came with me, to remind me what the point of the movie was...that's definitely this read.

I will definitely see how far I can get in the book before I have to return it to the library this afternoon/tonight...this may be one of those reads that never gets read...kinda like Anna Maxted...it just wasn't in the stars...

Rating: Inconclusive on account of I didn't finish (maybe one day I'll go back to it)

No comments:

Post a Comment