Thursday, July 28, 2011

Save as Draft by. Cavanaugh Lee

So I definitely just got this book two days ago (Tuesday) and I finished it yesterday (Wednesday)...so that should be pretty telling about the contents...It could say that it was so good that I couldn't put it down or it could say it was mad short and even non-readers could quickly finish this book. Well...I'm here to say it was a bit of both.

Save as Draft is 317 pages of dating, romance, love, frustration, anger, and heart break all conveyed via text message, tweet, facebook, and email message. It was a really interesting way to construct a story which I think is what intrigued me to begin reading in the first place.

The protagonist of the story is Izabell Chin (aka Iz or Izzy). She's a hopeless romantic who up to this point has been quasi-lucky in love. She's quirky, intelligent and endearing...a perfect recipe for someone to fall in love with. Story starts with Iz joining eHarmony and having a bit of luck with Marty (Martin). They work. They click. They share the same loves....of words and music and movies and art...and life. -enter Peter- New guy on the scene, Iz's best guy friend from an internship.

That's where I'll stop with my synopsis as not to give away too much information, but essentially things get a little complicated and our dear friend Iz chooses her "right" path as best she knows how. SaD does a great job holding reader's attention. I thought it'd be easy to get distracted with all the different types of social media being used...and not to mention all the different characters being introduced, but Lee does a really good job of keeping the story intact. She's no Meg Cabot with it, but it works. SaD is a little autobiographical in nature so unfortunately, if you've read Lee's bio, you kinda know how the story is going to end, which was a bit unfortunate to me. I wanted something different. All in all I think it was well written, comical, and if it's worth anything I'd read it again and I might even purchase it for my personal collection.

Rating: 3.5/5

~ La Linda Lector

No comments:

Post a Comment